now Bolingbrook Clow International Airport was built originally in the late
1950’s by Oliver Boyd Clow so he could fly his treasured 1948 Model A Navion
airplane. This little grassy airstrip with humble beginnings was replaced
in the 1970’s with a 50- by 3400-foot lighted asphalt runway, and in 1973,
became a commercial airport with the name Clow International Airport.
Clow was named the best privately owned, public-use airport in Illinois, and
in 2000 was voted Best Airport of the Year by the Illinois Division of
in 1998, the little airport was sold to developer Joe DePaulo and slated to
2004, the airport was acquired by the Village of Bolingbrook, completely
redeveloped, and renamed
Bolingbrook’s Clow International Airport. In 2015, a Federal grant was issued to build a new 75' wide runway, which is now completed.
currently over 70,000 landings and take-offs each year, making it one of the
most widely used general aviation airports in Illinois.
year 2004, Clow also became home to the
Illinois Aviation Museum. This
501(c)3 Non Profit
is manned wholly by
volunteers and is currently operating in its temporary home, Hangar One,
provided by the Village
There, airplane restorations share the facility with its collection of
aircraft and aviation-related artifacts, seminars, workshops, special
events, and a ground school.
is open for tours
on Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm and by appointment, and is also available
for rent to outside individuals or groups for parties, banquets, or other
activities. Day to day operating funds
and necessary services come from individual donors, local businesses, and
organized fundraising events and programs.
Aerial View of Clow International Airport
Joe DePaulo, Manager
130 S. Clow International Parkway
Bolingbrook, Illinois 60440
Phone: (630) 378-0479
Fax: (630) 771-0544
Click here for: